[IGSSTATION-1723]: SIMO: data outage

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Wed Aug 15 13:00:01 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          15 Aug 13:00:08 PDT 2007      Message Number 1723

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

We are unfortunately experiencing a communication outage at the IGS Station in Simonstown, South Africa (SIMO). We are in contact with local collaborators and will let you know more as soon as we have any information. It is unfortunately also uncertain at this point how long the outage may last and if the missing data can be recovered.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the SIMO station is a collaborative effort supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Hartebeesthoek RAO in Krugersdorp, with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,