[IGSSTATION-1462]: SIMO: data outage

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Tue Mar 20 10:43:38 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          20 Mar 10:43:40 PDT 2007      Message Number 1462

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

We did experience a power outage at the IGS Station in Simonstown, South
Africa (SIMO) over the weekend. There was unfortunately an unrecoverable
data gap between March 17th (2007.076) ~18:30 UTC - March 19th
(2007.078) ~12:30 UTC.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may have caused.

Maintenance and operations of the SIMO station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Hartebeesthoek RAO in Krugersdorp,
with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area -
Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,

-Oivind Ruud