[IGSMAIL-7662] Asking for abstracts on orbit modelling for the IGS Workshop 2018

Rolf Dach rolf.dach at aiub.unibe.ch
Tue Aug 14 04:41:40 PDT 2018

Author: Rolf Dach (AIUB) and Tim Springer (ESOC)

Dear colleagues,

as you know, the next IGS workshop will be held in Wuhan, China from
Oct. 29 to Nov. 03, 2018. The time is running and the deadline for the
abstract submission is approaching in about one week: August 22.

Tim and me are organizing the session on orbit modeling where we hope to
get a nice overview on the progress in this field within the scientific
community in general and the IGS in particular.
For this we need your contributions!

All further information (including the abstract submission page) can be
found at http://igsworkshop2018.gnsswhu.cn

Best regards

Tim and Rolf

Session description:
-------------------
Accurately modelling the GNSS satellites orbits is a key issue for the
quality of the IGS products. The surface force models together with the
estimated (orbit) parameters are probably the most important sources of
differences between analysis centers products (effect of SRP models and
attitude, albedo models, modelling methods like box and wings,
semi-empirical, empirical, etc). The use of different constellations
will change the errors characteristics observed in the results
(draconitic effects, ...), so the impact of the different constellation
dynamic characteristics has to be considered (geometry, planes,
inclination, period...). The length of the orbital arcs used in the
solutions to achieve optimal multi-constellation solutions, using for
example longer arcs than the usual daily solutions, is also an issue to
be addressed. We are looking for contributions related to the general
topic of GNSS orbit modelling but we are especially interested in
contributions that will help to advance the quality of the IGS orbit
products and in particular the multi-GNSS IGS products.