[IGSMAIL-6603] CHAT IGS site discontinued

John Beavan J.Beavan at gns.cri.nz
Tue Jun 12 17:37:36 PDT 2012

Author: John Beavan, GNS Science

Dear Colleagues,

The equipment at CHAT (Chatham Islands) suffered a terminal failure on 6
March 2012.  We are discontinuing operations at CHAT for several reasons,
including that the nearby (20 km) IGS site CHTI has been operating in
parallel for 4.5 years (since 2007 day 345).  An updated site log has been
submitted to the IGSCB

CHAT rinex files through 2012 day 049 have already been uploaded to IGS
data centers.  We have retrieved additional data through day 066 from the
receiver, and these will be uploaded to IGS data centers in the next day
or so.

We would like to thank Ruth Neilan and others at JPL, and Graeme Blick and
others at Land Information New Zealand, who were instrumental in
establishing CHAT in 1995.

Best regards,
John