[IGSMAIL-2829]: Status of CDDIS computer facility

Carey Noll NOLL at CDDIS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Wed May 10 09:52:57 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      10 May 09:55:56 PDT 2000      Message Number 2829

Author:  CDDIS/Carey Noll

The CDDIS computer facility (hosts cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov and
cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov) MAY need to shut down within the next hour due
to a failure of the air conditioning unit in our building.  A recent
thunderstorm has affected the chilling equipment; calls for repair are
in but relief may not happen before the room becomes too hot.  At this
time, we unfortunately don't know the extent of the outage.  We reqret
this inconvenience and hope we won't be off the air for too long.