[IGSMAIL-2662]: Status of CDDIS computer facility

Carey Noll NOLL at CDDIS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Mon Jan 3 06:18:11 PST 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      03 Jan 06:18:09 PST 2000      Message Number 2662

Author:  Carey Noll/CDDIS

Dear Colleagues,

    First of all, Happy New Year to all.  Unfortunately, our computer
cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov is not having a happy time of things.  As you may
recall, we were attempting an operating system upgrade last week which
ran into complications.  It appears a hardware problem may have
contributed to our troubles.  We hope to have replacement parts
installed today and continue with the upgrade later in the day.
Therefore, I expect that our system will be down to users for most of
the day.  Sorry for these continued problems and hope that you will
all bear with us during this outage.

Best regards,
Carey.