[IGSMAIL-2661]: No significant Y2k problems!

Tim Springer tim.springer at aiub.unibe.ch
Sun Jan 2 09:00:54 PST 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      02 Jan 09:00:59 PST 2000      Message Number 2661

Author: T.A. Springer

Dear IGS colleagues,

Like yesterday, I would like to compliment all the different IGS components
on functioning very well despite the predicted difficulties with the
year "roll-over".

Today 4 out of 8 IGS Analysis Centers profided their rapid orbit
solutions just as on any ordinary day. This is a clear indication that
all IGS components are in good working order, i.e., the network,
the data centers, and last but not least the IGS analysis centers.

I would like to thank all individual who have made this possible!
I know many of you have been working "overtime" the last couple of days
to make this success possible.

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Wishing all of you a great year 2000,
                                 Tim Springer
                                 AC Coordinator

 Tim Springer                      Astronomical Institute, University of Berne
 springer at aiub.unibe.ch            Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
 http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/      Tel: +41 31 6318592    Fax: +41 31 6313869
 ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub