[IGSSTATION-6212] QIKI communication problems

Michael Craymer Michael.Craymer at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Fri Jun 19 23:03:57 PDT 2015

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   QIKI
DOMES No:  40166M001
Location:  Qikiqtarjuaq (Baffin Island), Nunavut, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Canadian Geodetic Survey

We have had communication problems at QIKI since Day 152 (June 1) when NWTel mistakenly assigned our phone number to another person in the hamlet. We are now sharing the same phone line and, consequently, our modem downloads are being disrupted every evening. NWTel unsuccessfully attempted to fix the problem over a week ago and we are now waiting for them to try again. I will advise once it is finally resolved and the backlog of data has been retrieved and posted to the IGS data archives.

--
Michael Craymer, Ph.D.
Canadian Geodetic Survey, Natural Resources Canada