[IGSSTATION-4952] misconfiguration of some Trimble NETRS & NETR5 receivers

Jim.Ray jim.ray at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 14 12:35:23 PDT 2012

Author: Jim Ray

In tracking down the problem of low data yields at NIUM, I
have noticed that other stations seem to suffer the same
problem, probably for the same reason.

TEQC output summaries for doy 163 have shown that several
stations collect no L2 P-code data from GPS Blocks IIR-M
(8 SVs) or IIF (2 SVs) satellites.  This is presumably due
to a receiver misconfiguration, possibly due to the issue of
how to deal with L2C tracking for those SVs.  Some stations
affected by this (not necessarily complete!) are:

DUBR -- NETR5
FALE -- NETRS
KSMV -- NETRS (no PRN32 data at all either)
LHCL -- NETRS
NIUM -- NETRS
OSJE -- NETR5

These are easily detected from the TEQC summary lines, that
show numbers of deleted points around 7500 and % yields about
70%.

Some other stations are missing certain different SVs altogether:

BOAV -- NETR5: no PRNs 01 or 25 (IIF satellites)
YARR -- Leica GRX1200PRO: no PRNs 07, 08, 15

And some other stations have very low yields for apparently
different reasons that I cannot easily diagnose:

THIO -- NETRS: 40% yield
DRAO -- NETR8: 70% yield
GLDR -- Leica GRX1200PRO: 74% yield

With such large volumes of data missing, the resulting geodetic
results should be not be considered very reliable.  Having no
personal experience operating any of these receiver models,
however, I cannot provide any advice how to address the problems.

--Jim