[IGSSTATION-4579] CAGS receiver replaced on Day 230 (2011-08-18)

Craymer, Michael Michael.Craymer at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Sat Sep 10 11:47:07 PDT 2011

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   CAGS
DOMES No:  40147M001
Location:  Gatineau (Canadian Absolute Gravity Station), Quebec, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Geodetic Survey Division

Further to IGSSTATION Mails 4456, 4473 & 4519, the CAGS Ashtech Z12
receiver was replaced with the following Trimble NetR8 on Day 230
(2011-08-18).

3.4  Receiver Type            : TRIMBLE NETR8
      Satellite System         : GPS+GLONASS
      Serial Number            : 4931K62886
      Firmware Version         : 4.17
      Elevation Cutoff Setting : 0 deg
      Date Installed           : 2011-08-18T17:55Z
      Date Removed             : (CCYY-MM-DDThh:mmZ)
      Temperature Stabiliz.    : None
      Additional Information   :

An updated site log has be sent to the IGS Central Bureau and the
backlog of data will be posted to the IGS data archives.

The tracking problem noted in IGSSTATION Mail 45219 was traced to low
signal strength on the antenna cable. Fortunately, we have been able
to get good data using the NetR8 with the signal amplifier in an
antenna splitter. We plan to replace the buried 67 m cable in the
next couple of weeks.

--
Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada