[IGSSTATION-4299] Maersk Oil Qatar AS - BAHR, HALY, NAMA, SOLA, YIBL data outages

Nielsen, Peter Moth Peter.Moth.Nielsen at maerskoil.com
Mon Mar 14 22:10:36 PDT 2011

Good morning JPL,

We would appreciate if you could provide status for the following IGS stations on the Arabian tectonic plate:

IGS Station

Location

Data available

Arabian Tectonic Plate

BAHR

Manama, Bahrain

YES

HALY

Halat Ammar, Saudi Arabia

YES

NAMA

Namas, Saudi Arabia

YES

RAMO

Mitzpe Ramon, Israel

(YES)

YES

SOLA

Solar Village, Saudi Arabia

YES

YIBL

Yibal IGS, Oman

YES

We use the IGS stations as reference for offshore platform subsidence surveys; hence we are very dependent on the data availability.

We expect to perform the 2011 Subsidence Campaign in October 2011 - Some IGS stations may not be available today, but we would like to know if the above IGS stations will be permanently closed-down or expected to come online again before October 2011.

We have sourced information of the IGS stations on the following web-site: http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/network/list.html

In the event, the above IGS stations will be permanently closed-down; we would appreciate if you could advice four (4) alternative, operational IGS stations confirmed on the Arabian tectonic plate.

Your kind assistance is appreciated,

Peter

Best regards,

Peter Moth Nielsen
Senior Manager, Survey

Maersk Oil Qatar AS
P.O. Box 22050
Asia Street 950
Zone 60, West Bay
Doha
State of Qatar

Tel:  +974 4401 3415
Fax:  +974 4401 3409

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager at hotline at maerskoil.com.