[IGSSTATION-3947] HERS: system upgrade

Sherwood, Robert A rshe at nerc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 04:22:39 PDT 2010

Author: Rob Sherwood

Dear colleagues,

We are planning to upgrade the hardware of the HERS site tomorrow, 19th Aug day 231. The ageing and unsupported Ashtech Z12 and GPS only antenna will be replaced by a Septentrio Polarx3eTR timing receiver + a new Leica AR25 antenna. This new receiver will be connected to the Herstmonceux site Active H-maser. We intend to hold back a few days of data initially to check everything is OK before restarting routine hourly and daily submission. Log files have been prepared and will be sent before the data flow restarts. The new setup has been collocated for several weeks at a nearby marker, data are available on request. The equipment has also been calibrated by colleagues at NPL, this info will be the log file in the next month or so.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, but I hope the enhanced capability of the site for the future compensates.

Best regards,

Rob Sherwood

NERC Space Geodesy Facility
Herstmonceux Castle