[IGSSTATION-3285]: NLIB - Data quality

Victoria Andreatta andreatta at unavco.org
Tue Sep 1 14:29:56 PDT 2009

IGS Station Mail          01 Sep 14:30:18 PDT 2009      Message Number 3285

Author: Victoria Andreatta, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

A number of you have voiced concern over the quality of data from the
North Liberty, Iowa (NLIB) GNSS station.  The station has a broken dome
and an aging AOA choke ring antenna which needs to be replaced.  In
order to upgrade the equipment, a new mounting system had to be
designed.  This has been a complex problem for a number of reasons.  We
have been working on this issue for the past few months and are
currently waiting for the second prototype to be fabricated.  Our hope
is to upgrade the station by mid to late October.  We apologize for any
inconvenience this has/or may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the NLIB station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the National Radio Astronomy Observatory,
North Liberty Iowa with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and
Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,
Victoria Andreatta