[IGSSTATION-2783]: IGS stations in the New Zealand region

John Beavan J.Beavan at gns.cri.nz
Thu Jan 15 13:09:27 PST 2009

IGS Station Mail          15 Jan 13:09:31 PST 2009      Message Number 2783

Author: John Beavan

Following Robert Kachikyan's recent announcement about CHTI, I'd like to
provide more information on this station and on four other stations that
were added to the IGS network last year.

I encourage IGS analysis centers to include these sites in their
processing and reprocessing efforts, especially as some of them have a
long history.

The new stations (in addition to AUCK and CHAT which have been IGS
stations since 1995) are:

WGTN, Wellington Airport
Data available at IGS data centers from 1999/359

MQZG, McQueen's Valley (near Christchurch)
Data available at IGS data centers from 2000/007

DUND, Dunedin GPS
Data available at IGS data centers from 2005/236

NIUM, Niue Meteorological Service
Data available at IGS data centers from 2005/258
Niue Island is located in the Pacific Ocean between Tonga and the Cook
Islands.

CHTI,  Chatham Island North
Data available at IGS data centers from 2007/345  (available at CDDIS, but
perhaps not yet at other centers)
20 km north of CHAT and installed on much better rock than CHAT.
We intend to keep CHAT running as long as possible, but we expect that
CHTI will eventually supercede CHAT as the IGS station on Chatham Island.

WGTN, MQZG, DUND and CHTI are operated by GNS Science in partnership with
Land Information New Zealand.
NIUM is operated by GNS Science in partnership with Ohio State University
and the Niue Met Service.

Dr John Beavan, GNS Science - Te Pu Ao,
1 Fairway Drive, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Tel: +64 4 570 4641  Fax: +64 4 570 1440  Mob: 027 221 8861
Email: j.beavan at gns.cri.nz    Web: www.gns.cri.nz