[IGSSTATION-2782]: WILL: Snow / Ice induced step in time series

Schmidt, Michael Michael.Schmidt at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 15 11:31:39 PST 2009

IGS Station Mail          15 Jan 11:31:39 PST 2009      Message Number 2782

Author: Michael Schmidt

                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                       GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: WILL
DOMES No.:      40134M001
MONUMENT No.    937011
LOCATION:       Williams Lake, B.C., Canada

ADVISORY:

We have established that a step has been introduced in the apparent position of WILL due, we believe, to an accumulation of snow and/or ice on the antenna. The step is evident
commencing 2008-12-05 at which time this region experienced rain, freezing rain and snow. As the site is unstaffed and relatively remote we may not be able to rectify the
situation immediately although we are attempting to do so.

Regards

Mike

Michael Schmidt, P.Eng.   MSchmidt at nrcan.gc.ca   Skype: ccds-pgc
TEL +1 250-363-6760    FAX +1 250-363-6565  Mobile +1 250-920-6128
Geological Survey of Canada, Natural Resources Canada
Commission giologique du Canada, Ressources naturelles Canada
PO Box 6000 Sidney BC Canada V8L 4B2
Street/Rue:
  9860 West Saanich Rd
  North Saanich BC