[IGSSTATION-1617]: ISPA: update on data publishing from Easter Island

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Thu Jun 21 10:28:17 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          21 Jun 10:28:18 PDT 2007      Message Number 1617

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-1479].
Unfortunately, just days after the replacement GPS receiver was
installed at the IGS station on Easter Island (ISPA), the satellite link
went down. Our satellite operator is working with local personnel in
identifying the problem and restoring operations.

We are hopeful that new data is being collected on the newly installed
receiver (since about May 22nd (2007.142)), and that data can be
retrieved once the communications to the station have been restored. An
updated IGSSTATION email will be sent at that time listing any data gaps.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the ISPA station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, and IRIS-IDA
in San Diego, with funding provided by  NASA's Earth Surface and
Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,