[IGSSTATION-1393]: MDO1: new Ashtech UZ-12 receiver installed.

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Fri Feb 9 15:37:12 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          09 Feb 15:37:18 PST 2007      Message Number 1393

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-1386].
A new ASHTECH UZ-12 receiver has been installed at the McDonald Optical
Observatory in Texas (MDO1). Please also note that a powered GPS signal
splitter has been inserted allowing the use of the existing AOAD/M_T
antenna. New data is being published starting today, February 9th
(2007.040) 00:00 UTC.

An updated sitelog has been submitted to the IGS. We would also like to
acknowledge the assistance from local personnel at the Observatory in
handling the equipment swap, and NOAA-NGS for providing the new Ashtech
receiver.

We apologize for the inconvenience the outage during the equipment swap
may have caused.

Maintenance and operations of the MDO1 station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, NGS, and the University of Texas McDonald
Observatory, with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior
Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,