[IGSSTATION-1318]: HRAO: data outage

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Wed Jan 10 15:35:48 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          10 Jan 15:35:50 PST 2007      Message Number 1318

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, the Ashtech chokering antenna at the Hartebeesthoek RAO,
Krugersdorp South Africa (HRAO) station has been damaged by lightning and
the receiver is not tracking. The outage started on December 28th (2006.362)
00:00 UTC, but the antenna problem was not confirmed until this week.
We will attempt to bring the station back up as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the HRAO station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Hartebeesthoek RAO in Krugersdorp, with
funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area - Science
Mission Directorate.