[IGSMAIL-4629]: New IGS station TUKT (Northwest Territories, Canada)

Mike Craymer craymer at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 1 12:56:44 PDT 2003

IGS Electronic Mail      01 Oct 12:56:47 PDT 2003      Message Number 4629

Author: Mike Craymer

Dear IGS Colleagues,
This past Summer we have installed a new Canadian regional GPS station at Tuktoyaktuk on the north coast of Canada at N 69-26-18, W 132-59-40. The GPS site is collocated with a new tide gauge. You can find the site log at

  <ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/log/tukt_20030930.log>

GPS data from 2003-09-17 (DOY 260) is available at CDDIS and data since 2003-08-22 (DOY 234) will soon be uploaded. So far, operations have been as reliable as our other Arctic sites; i.e., expect occasional data gaps and delays in data delivery.

Please note that the monument (half of a wood telephone pole) is installed in permafrost to a depth of about 10 m. We do not yet know how stable this monument will be but will be monitoring it from INVK close by.

Best regards,

Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada
615 Booth Street, Ottawa, Ontario  K1A 0E9, Canada
Tel 613-947-1829, Fax 613-992-6628
Email <mailto:craymer at nrcan.gc.ca>
Geodetic Survey Division <http://www.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/>
NAREF <http://www.naref.org>