[IGSMAIL-2952]: SOPAC FTP Structure

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 26 11:22:29 PDT 2000

IGS Electronic Mail      26 Jul 11:33:31 PDT 2000      Message Number 2952

Author: Michael Scharber

On Monday July 31 SOPAC will be removing any remaining links and/or
changing directory names in its public FTP archive tree having
"YYdata"-style naming conventions.  Directory names such as "99data" will
be removed in favor of "1999" or "YYYY"-style masks.  This change will
only affect yearly organized data, such as "nav", "met", "rinex", "raw",
"global" and "regional".  There have been duplicate sets of "YYYY" and
"YYdata" links side-by-side for over a year so we expect very little
inconvenience for our users.

Regards,

Michael

      	Michael Scharber
	Scripps Institution of Oceanography
	Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
	8785 Biological Grade
	IGPP Room 4212
	La Jolla, CA 92037

	mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu