[IGSMAIL-2066] Problem with communication equipment at ESOC

ESOC ESOC
Fri Nov 13 07:51:07 PST 1998

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Nov 13  7:51:07 PST 1998      Message Number 2066

Author: ESOC IGS team
Subject: Problem with communication equipment at ESOC

A problem with our communication equipments has been
causing very unreliable downloads from Kiruna, Perth,
Villafranca and Kourou since 31/10/98 (DOY 304) at 12:00.
To this we have to add the network downtime of the Kourou link
that has been finally reestablished.

Very few of the hourly files could be retrieved because of
the numerous errors of the data link. We are monitoring the
behavior of the unreliable piece of hardware and looking
for a replacement. Currently it is working after a reset
and configuration reloading.

We very much apologize for the late response and for the
few amount of data that could be retrieved from the stations
during the last days.

[Mailed From: cagarcia at mail-gw.esoc.esa.de (C. Garcia Martinez x2088 A141 gmv/fcsd/oad)]