[IGSMAIL-1968] Continued problems with PETR

Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory Mikhail
Tue Jul 28 07:31:32 PDT 1998

IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul 28  7:31:32 PDT 1998      Message Number 1968

Author: Mikhail Kogan (Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory)
Subject: Continued problems with PETR

PS TRACKER ID: PETR
DOMES No.:      12355M001
LOCATION:       Petropavlovsk-Kamchatka, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia
                NEDA: Northern Eurasia Deformation Array created and run by
                RUSEG: Russia/US Experiment on Geodynamics by GPS Technology.
                NEDA operational control is provided by RDAAC:
                Regional GPS Data Acquistion/Analysis Center, Moscow, Russia
                (contact Grigory Steblov: steblov at ria.ipmnet.ru)

We recommend TO DISREGARD ANY DATA collected at PETR since 27-JUL-98 (DOY 208)
until further notice.

REASON: Continued problem with locking enough satellites at local (Kamchatka)
        daily hours (See our IGSMail of:
        Mon Jul 27 9:01:03 PDT 1998 / Message Number 1964).

The antenna has been replaced but no improvement.
Intense radio noise is suspected.
An experiment with the older (Ashtech Geodetic L1/L2 P) antenna will be
performed today.

Regards,
-------
Mikhail G. Kogan