[IGSMAIL-0679] Antenna offset at Quincy

Thomas Thomas
Fri Jul 15 18:07:32 PDT 1994

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jul 15 18:07:32 PDT 1994      Message Number 0679

Author: Thomas Lockhart, Steve Dinardo
Subject: Antenna offset at Quincy

We have just been informed by Vaughn Nelson of Bendix Corp. that a
surveying crew moved the Quincy antenna off of monument 7221. The
antenna is currently approximately 1 meter south of its usual position.
The antenna was moved sometime on Tuesday and will not be returned to
the monument until next Monday (July 18) at the earliest.

We strongly suggest that antenna cables be disconnected from receivers
when the antenna is temporarily displaced.

We have retroactively removed Quincy data for the relevant time period
from our on-line storage, and will continue to do so until the antenna
is replaced. The data is still available for special needs; please contact us.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Thomas Lockhart                    Telephone:   (818) 354 6102
Steve Dinardo                      Telephone:   (818) 354 3429
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       tgl at logos.jpl.nasa.gov
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109