[IGSSTATION-6628] Improvement of quality GPS tracking at NVSK station

ArdyukovDG at ipgg.sbras.ru ArdyukovDG at ipgg.sbras.ru
Fri Apr 29 01:29:48 PDT 2016

Author: Ardyukov Dmitriy

Hello all!

After system failure in Trimble 4700 receiver in February, we install Trimble R7 GNSS receiver with Zephyr Geodetic 2 antenna on pillar NVSK station, at 2016-03-16.

We check GPS&GLONASS data from new receiver by TEQC and found very low quality of GPS data, 35%, at the same time GLONASS quality was around 90%.

After prolonged analysis all older data from this receiver, and searching in press-releases about changes in firmware versions, we made one change in configuration of receiver: disable tracking of L5 (was enable), and from middle of DOY 118 we have now a 93% quality of GPS data, and 89% quality of GLONASS data in our data-files.

We hope, we solve this problem.

Data file DOY 118 has gap from 07:35 UTC to 10:37 UTC.

Our firmware version is 4.19, and problem with L5 tracking for R7 GNSS was fixed only in firmware ver. 4.71 (after 2.5 years from our fw date).

We don't plan upgrade firmware, and will work with old 4.19 version.

WBR,

Dmitriy.