[IGSSTATION-6279] COPO Copiapo, Chile has been decommissioned

Kendrick, Eric kendrick.42 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 18 21:06:37 PDT 2015

Author:  Eric Kendrick

Dear Colleagues,

The COPO station has been decommissioned due to the property being sold to a new owner.
The property was formerly owned by the Chilean Army, our partners in the station's operation.
The monument, a steel mast, still exists but all other equipment was removed on 5 August 2015.

A new GNSS station owned by Centro Sismologico Nacional (CSN) has been operating since
2 October 2014 on the campus of the University of Atacama in Copiapo. The new station
now has a communications link and the CSN will propose it as a replacement for COPO in the
IGS network.

An updated site log for COPO has been submitted to the IGSCB.

I expect a few more days of data to be recovered from the receiver :
01-03 August, plus the final partial day of 05 August.

Regards,

Eric Kendrick
Geodesy and Geodynamics Group
Ohio State University