[IGSSTATION-5888] Re: Non availability of LCK2 due to construction activity.....

jayaram jayaram at istrac.gov.in
Sun Jul 27 23:45:30 PDT 2014

Author:Jayaraman V, ISTRAC/ISRO

Dear colleagues,

Due to the construction activity for a new building is happening nearby the LCK2 monument, the antenna cable connecting to the  LCK2 Antenna got damaged on 25/07/14 at 0900 AM IST, in spite of taking all precautions to avoid such an incident. This was an unforeseen accident and hence we regret to inform that the LCK2  station is down since 25th July 2014. We are in the process of relocating the LCK2 monument to a different location in order to prevent such occurrences/breakdown in future.

Hence, the data from  LCK2 station will not be published hereafter.  We will bring up another monument with in two weeks in the same campus, within few tens of meters away from the current location of LCK2 monument and will get thro the necessary approvals from IGS CB for the new station code and Domes number etc... before start publishing data. Please apologize for any inconvenience.

This is for the information to all users of LCK2 data.

With best regards/

Jayaraman.V
================================
V.Jayaraman,Sci/Engr-G,
Associate Project Director, IRNSS GSN-SNP & Gen.Manager,NSA,
ISTRAC/ISRO,
Plot No:12 & 13, 3rd Main,  2nd Phase,
Peenya Industrial Area, PEENYA,
Bangalore-560058, Karnataka State,
INDIA
Phone(Office  : +91-80-28094530; Phone(Mobile): +91-9448466976
Fax(Office)     :  +91-28094203
Email             : jayaram at istrac.org;  <mailto:jayaram at istrac.org> jayaram2k at gmail.com
Due to the new building construction activity close to the LCKI monument, the IGS station LCKI is brought down since 18th July 2014. We are in the process of relocating the monument in a different location and hence, the data from  LCKI station will not be available till mid of August 2014.

This is for the information to all users of LCKI data.

Please apologize for any inconvenience.
.

With best regards/

Jayaraman.V