[IGSSTATION-5739] IQQE (Iquique, Chile) station status

Kendrick, Eric kendrick.42 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 4 15:35:56 PDT 2014

Author: Eric Kendrick

Communications with station IQQE have been lost since the recent earthquake near Iquique.
We now have confirmation that the station was not significantly damaged by the earthquake
and tsunami, however utility poles bringing electricity to the station are down. We hope the station
has been running on backup battery power. A team from Instituto Geografico Militar
will be flying to Iquique on Monday to download data and make repairs. Data will be sent to
SOPAC as soon as we have more.

Regards,
Eric Kendrick