[IGSSTATION-5275] ALRT modem replacement delayed by polar bear

Michael Craymer Michael.Craymer at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 5 12:22:01 PST 2013

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   ALRT
DOMES No:  40162M001
Location:  Alert (Ellesmere Island), Nunavut, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Geodetic Survey Division

Further to IGSSTATION-5254 & 5258, a new modem arrived in Alert last Friday but installation has been delayed by a persistent polar bear. Nunavut Wildlife has been called in to remove the bear. Until then, the station is under lock down. I will advise when the modem is replaced and, hopefully, the backlog of data since January 15 is recovered. We do not expect any loss of data.

--
Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada