[IGSSTATION-4488] LHAS Status

Rudi Stöger stoeger at fs.wettzell.de
Fri Jul 22 01:50:09 PDT 2011

Author: Rudi Stöger

Ladies and Gentlemen

According to a request, we inform you about the
status for LHAS:

The first GPS+GLONASS Permanent Tracking Station
LHAS in Lhasa / Tibet / China got broken 30-JAN-2007.
Because our second GPS+GLONASS Permanent Tracking
Station LHAZ is operating in Lhasa, we did not intend to
operate LHAS further on. The LHAS equipment was
removed 05-MAR-2007.

We did not sent an IGS Station Mail, informing about the
close-down of LHAS, because we have been told, the
Chinese colleagues intended to operate own receivers at
the LHAS Station.

Our second GPS+GLONASS Permanent Tracking Station LHAZ,
which is operational since 1999-09-22 in Lhasa /
Tibet / China took over all activities for IGS.

With best regards
Rudi