[IGSSTATION-3699]: Leica GRX1200 GG Pro Receivers - resolution

justin.walford at leica-geosystems.com justin.walford at leica-geosystems.com
Fri Apr 30 07:05:26 PDT 2010

IGS Station Mail          30 Apr 07:05:46 PDT 2010      Message Number 3699

Author: <Justin Walford, Leica Geosystems>

Dear Colleagues

A resolution to the issue reported in IGSSTATION-3684 can be obtained from
the following location
on the Leica Geosystems Website:

http://www.leica-geosystems.com/en/page_catalog.htm?cid=3324

Please download the file entitled "ME3 Firmware". This is version 3.019.

Kind regards
Justin Walford

Kind Regards / Schvnen Gruss,
Justin Walford
Product Manager Hardware
GNSS Networks and Reference Stations
BA Geomatics
Leica Geosystems AG
Heinrich Wild-Strasse, CH-9435 Heerbrugg
Phone: +41 71 727 43 29
e-mail: justin.walford at leica-geosystems.com
*****************www.leica-geosystems.com***************

 - when it has to be right, Leica Geosystems
----- Forwarded by Justin Walford/CHHER/Central/Leica on 30/04/2010 15:58
-----

justin.walford at leica-geosystems.com
Sent by: owner-igsstation at igscb.jpl.nasa.gov
29/04/2010 10:55

igsstation at igscb.jpl.nasa.gov
cc

Subject
[IGSSTATION-3684]: Leica GRX1200 GG Pro Receivers

IGS Station Mail          29 Apr 01:56:01 PDT 2010      Message Number
3684

Author: <Justin Walford, Leica Geosystems>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring your attention to undesirable behavior that has
been detected with Leica GRX1200 GG Pro recievers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Problem:

All GRX1200 GG Pro receivers tracking GLONASS satellites have encountered
tracking problems very recently.
This issue does not affect GRX1200 Pro / GRX1200+ / GRX1200+GNSS
receivers.

Work-around for these receivers:

1. Disable GLONASS tracking
2. Initialize (INIT) Ephemeris & Almanac with web interface or RX
controller

GPS tracking should resume as normal within a few minutes.

We are currently validating a new firmware to resolve this issue.
We will contact you as soon as possible once we have more information.
----

KIng regards

e-mail: justin.walford at leica-geosystems.com