[IGSSTATION-3365]: ALRT data submissions resume & snow removal event

Mike Craymer craymer at nrcan.gc.ca
Sat Oct 17 07:48:59 PDT 2009

IGS Station Mail          17 Oct 07:49:30 PDT 2009      Message Number 3365

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   ALRT
DOMES No:  40162M001
Location:  Alert (Ellesmere Island), Nunavut, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Geodetic Survey Division

Finally, communications with the ALRT receiver have been restored and
the backlog of data has been uploaded to the IGS archives. This
original receiver was off-line from day 209 at 19:33:30 UT until day
252 at 20:55:00 UT.

While the original receiver was off-line a second receiver of the
same type was installed for testing and data collected from day 232
until day 252. There is a 3 day data gap near the beginning of this
period. We are currently trying to recover this data in Alert but it
may not be possible until the receiver is returned to the office late
next week. I will post an announcement and new site log when the data
has been uploaded.

Finally, snow was removed from the antenna on 2009-10-15 at 06:30 UT.
An updated site log will be posted shortly.

--
Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada