[IGSSTATION-3242]: MAC1: Receiver Change

Ryan.Ruddick at ga.gov.au Ryan.Ruddick at ga.gov.au
Wed Aug 5 16:23:38 PDT 2009

IGS Station Mail          05 Aug 16:31:32 PDT 2009      Message Number 3242

Author: Ryan Ruddick

                  Geoscience Australia
            Australian Regional GPS Network
                  Geodetic Operation
GPS TRACKER id:   MAC1
DOMES No.         50135M001
CDP No.           N/A
MONUMENT NO.      AUS211
LOCATION.         Macquarie Island
                  Australian Sub-Antarctic
                  ANTARCTICA

ADVISORY:

Dear Colleagues:

In the email [IGSSTATION-3094] we reported on tracking problems at Macquarie Island using the Trimble NETR5 which was installed on 2009-03-23T00:00Z.  We have now officially switched to the backup receiver an Ashtech UZ-12, which commenced tracking at the site on 2009-05-25T00:00Z.  The data from 2009-05-25 until present has been submitted to IGS data centres and an updated site log submitted to IGS CB.

Unfortunately the site will no longer be GLONASS capable, but it is our intention to install a GNSS capable receiver at the site in the future.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Ryan Ruddick