[IGSSTATION-3226]: ALRT off-line since Day 207

Mike Craymer craymer at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 28 16:05:57 PDT 2009

IGS Station Mail          28 Jul 16:06:05 PDT 2009      Message Number 3226

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   ALRT
DOMES No:  40162M001
Location:  Alert (Ellesmere Island), Nunavut, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Geodetic Survey Division

The Ashtech Micro-Z receiver in Alert has been off-line since Day
207. It apparently died when power to its UPS was inadvertently
interrupted. The receiver is no longer powering up even though it is
getting power.

If our hydrographic colleagues cannot revive the receiver by tomorrow
morning we will ship up a replacement Micro-Z. The station could be
off-line for a week or more. We apologize for the trouble this may
cause.

--
Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada