[IGSSTATION-3123]: NISU time step

Marc Weiss mweiss at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Jun 10 12:50:26 PDT 2009

IGS Station Mail          10 Jun 12:51:01 PDT 2009      Message Number 3123

Author: Marc Weiss
Subject: NISU time step

Dear Colleagues,

Our older station NISU had a time step of -1400.0 ns on June 2, due to a
slip in the 5 MHz cycle lock.  We reset this today.  It appears to be
back where it was.

Several analysis centers (ACs) are still apparently using the data from
NISU instead of those from NIST.  Station NIST is our primary station in
the IGS.  The IGS website lists several ACs using NISU data, yet they
are not in the list for NIST.  These stations are:  NRCan, GFZ, JPL,
MIT, and ESOC.  Please consider using the data from NIST.

Best Regards,
Marc Weiss

Marc A. Weiss, Ph.D.                                    Phone:  303/497-3261
NIST Time and Frequency Division                FAX:     303/497-6461
MS 847.5, 325 Broadway
Boulder, CO  80305-3328