[IGSSTATION-2438]: NAIN data submissions still off-line, data loss expected

Mike Craymer craymer at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 21 11:16:50 PDT 2008

IGS Station Mail          21 Aug 11:18:29 PDT 2008      Message Number 2438

Author: Mike Craymer

Site ID:   NAIN
DOMES No:  40164M001
Location:  Nain (Labrador), Newfoundland, Canada
Agency:    Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Geodetic Survey Division

As previously announced, data submissions for NAIN have been off-line
since Day 167 (June 15) due to continuing communication problems. We
now have neither Internet nor dial up communications. A telco
technician is expected on-site for a third time to resolve the
problem. Unfortunately, because of the extended communication outage
we only expect to be able to recover the last 43 days of data (the
maximum the receiver can hold).

--
Mike Craymer, Ph.D.
Geodetic Survey Division, Natural Resources Canada