[IGSSTATION-1943]: MORP data flow recommences with addition of RINEX met records

Matt King m.a.king at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 09:15:42 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          05 Dec 09:17:58 PST 2007      Message Number 1943

Author: Matt King

After a lenghty time, we have recommenced transmission of MORP data. A
revised site log has been submitted which reflects several changes:

1. The receiver has changed to a TRIMBLE NETRS.
2. RINEX Met records are now being submitted at hourly and daily
intervals.
3. A new monument has been installed ~5m south of MORP with the (near)
future purpose of adding GPS+GLONASS data. A local site tie is already
present in the log.
4. Data has been uploaded back to day 304, 2007.
5. The antenna remains UNCHANGED

We apologise for the severe delay. This was caused by a failure in our
old Ashtech Z12 receiver and unfortunate immediate failure of our backup
receiver, a new Ashtech iCGRS. After many months of attempting to have
this receiver repaired we purchased the new Trimble receiver.

Please let us know if you observe any problems with these data.

Kind Regards,

Matt King
NERC Research Fellow
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences  Email: m.a.king ncl.ac.uk
Cassie Building            Ph:    0191 222 7833 Int: + 44 191 222 7833

Newcastle University       Fax:   0191 222 6502 Int: + 44 191 222 6502

Newcastle upon Tyne        Web:   http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/m.a.king/
United Kingdom, NE1 7RU
http://www.ceg.ncl.ac.uk/profiles2/m.a.king