[IGSSTATION-1831]: KOKB: activities around antenna have been concluded

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Thu Oct 4 15:22:43 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          04 Oct 15:22:46 PDT 2007      Message Number 1831

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-1821].
The scheduled work this week around the antenna location at the Kokee
Park, HI (KOKB) station has been concluded. The antenna itself was not
disturbed but interference from the surveying activities around the
antenna may be detectable. Below are the times when local activities
were done, including moving a metal railing up for personnel safety. The
environment around the antenna has now been restored to pre activity
configuration.

October 1st, 2007, 274/1830z - 274/2300z
October 3rd, 2007, 276/0010z - 276/0115z
October 4th, 2007, 277/0115z - 277/0215z

All times and changes have been noted in an updated IGS log (section
10.1 - 3) submitted to the CB. We apologize in advance for the
inconvenience this may cause.

We would like to acknowledge the personnel at the Kokee Park Geophysical
Observatory for their advanced notice and efforts to minimize interference.

Maintenance and operations of the KOKB station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Kokee Park Geophysical Observatory
with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area -
Science Mission Directorate.

Best regards,

 -Oivind Ruud