[IGSSTATION-1827]: ISPA: data publishing is resuming

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Tue Oct 2 13:54:59 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          02 Oct 13:55:11 PDT 2007      Message Number 1827

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-1479 and 1617].
The VSAT link to the IGS station on Easter Island (ISPA) has been
restored and we are in the process of retrieving backlogged data and
publishing this as well as publishing new data. A new Ashtech UZ-12
receiver was installed shortly before the VSAT link went off air, but
there is a data gap when the station was without a working receiver.
This gap is between March 30th (2007.089) 02:00 UTC - June 3rd
(2007.154) 06:00 UTC. If we should encounter any additional data gaps
during the retrieval process, we will send out another notification.

We would like to acknowledge the help of personnel from the Universidad
de Chile in restoring operations. An updated log has been submitted to
the IGS-CB.

We apologize for the inconvenience this extended outage may have caused.

Maintenance and operations of the ISPA station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, and IRIS-IDA
in San Diego, with funding provided by  NASA's Earth Surface and
Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,