[IGSSTATION-1468]: GLPS: data outage from Galapagos

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Mon Mar 26 09:53:48 PDT 2007

IGS Station Mail          26 Mar 09:53:52 PDT 2007      Message Number 1468

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

We are unfortunately unable to publish any data from the Galapagos
(GLPS) IGS station following a power outage and subsequent VSAT Internet
outage. Our VSAT operator is working on restoring the link, but it is
uncertain when it can be operational again. We are hopeful that most
missing data can be retrieved once we are back on-line. Any
unrecoverable data gaps will be reported at that time.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may be causing.

Maintenance and operations of the GLPS station is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Charles Darwin Foundation, with
funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area -
Science Mission Directorate.