[IGSSTATION-1441]: STR2 antenna failure

Michael.Moore at ga.gov.au Michael.Moore at ga.gov.au
Wed Mar 7 17:04:42 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          07 Mar 17:04:48 PST 2007      Message Number 1441

Author: Michael Moore

                  Geoscience Australia
            Australian Regional GPS Network
                  Geodetic Operation

GPS TRACKER id:   STR2
DOMES No.         50119M001
CDP No.           N/A
MONUMENT NO.      AU045
LOCATION.         Mt Stromlo Observatory
                  Canberra, ACT
                  AUSTRALIA

ADVISORY:

It appears the antenna at STR2 has failed due to a nearby lightning strike. A new antenna should be arriving on the 12th of March, and will be installed after it has completed testing here. I do not intend on re-mounting the 'snow' radome cover to the new antenna.

Another notification message, and an updated site log will be sent as soon as the site is operational again. I apologise for any inconvenience this outage may cause.

Regards

Michael

Michael Moore
ARGN Manager, NGRS