[IGSSTATION-1429]: JAB1 temporary closure

Michael.Moore at ga.gov.au Michael.Moore at ga.gov.au
Thu Mar 1 15:02:13 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          01 Mar 15:02:20 PST 2007      Message Number 1429

Author:         Michael Moore

GPS Tracker ID: JAB1
Domes No:       50136M001
CDP No.:        N/A
Monument No.:   AU043
Location:       Jabiru
                Northern Territory
                AUSTRALIA

ADVISORY:

JAB1 has not been tracking satellites since DoY 054, after a short reprieve from it's last antenna failure. Unfortunately access to the site is not possible at the moment, due to road closures caused by heavy rainfall. We suspect that the antenna and antenna cable may be damaged and may need replacement. But access to the site is likely to be difficult until the tropical storms have calmed down, approximately in mid April.

As a consequence we will have to temporarily shutdown JAB1 until we are able to confirm and repair the faults on site.

I apologise for any inconvenience this temporary closure may cause.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Moore
ARGN Manager- NGRS
Geoscience Australia Earth Monitoring Group (GEM)
Telephone: (+61 2) 62499052
Fax: (+61 2) 62499929
Email: Michael.Moore at ga.gov.au
Web: http://www.ga.gov.au/
GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
(149 09' 30" East, 35 20' 38" South, GDA 94)