[IGSSTATION-1374]: Disk failure and resultin outage at NGS-facilitated and owned sites

Giovanni.Sella Giovanni.Sella at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 2 07:17:57 PST 2007

IGS Station Mail          02 Feb 07:18:00 PST 2007      Message Number 1374

Author: Giovanni Sella

Dear Colleagues,
  I regret to inform you that beginning last night we had a catastrophic
disk failure on one of our disk drives at NGS that has resulted in at
least a 24 hour delay in receiving data from a number of our stations
including most of the IGS stations which we either facilitate data
transfer or own. We are correcting this and will re-submit all complete
files for yesterday afternoon and today ASAP.
  Thanks for your patience during this outage.
  Sincerely
  Giovanni

--
Giovanni Sella, Ph.D.
Senior Geodesist, National Geodetic Survey  For EXISTING CORS e-mail: