[IGSSTATION-1191]: MDO1: power outage and small data loss.

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Tue Oct 17 14:21:37 PDT 2006

IGS Station Mail          17 Oct 14:21:39 PDT 2006      Message Number 1191

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

We experienced a power outage at the McDonald Observatory Site in Texas (MDO1) October 15th. Some time went by before we could get the computer back operational, but all data that could be recovered have now been published. There was unfortunately a data gap during the power outage October 15th (2006.288) ~03:00 - 13:00 UTC.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may have caused.

Maintenance and operations of the MDO1 station is a collaborative effort supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the University of Texas McDonald Observatory, with funding provided by NASA's Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best Regards,

    -Oivind Ruud