[IGSSTATION-661]: Extended KOSG data outage

Boudewijn Ambrosius B.A.C.Ambrosius at lr.tudelft.nl
Sat Oct 15 15:39:15 PDT 2005

IGS Station Mail          15 Oct 15:39:08 PDT 2005      Message Number 661

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius and Danny van Loon (TU-Delft/DEOS)

Due to a coincidence of factors, the data collection of KOSG has become
erratic since September 18. Therefore, we advise you to disregard all data
after DOY 260. Besides, the facility will undergo major modifications
in the next few weeks. This will mean that we cannot guarantee continued
data acquisition and data dissemination during this period. Therefore, we
have decided to stop data uploads of KOSG until the situation is stable
again. We regret that KOSG, being one of the oldest IGS stations, will be
out of order for some time. However, we are happy that it will not be
dismantled completely, as seemed to be its fate a few years ago. We hope to
be back on line soon again and we will inform you when this happens.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Boudewijn Ambrosius
(also on behalf of Danny van Loon)