[IGSSTATION-392]: HALY and NAMA (Saudi Arabia) stations back on-line

Oivind Ruud ruud at unavco.org
Thu Mar 3 15:00:08 PST 2005

IGS Station Mail          03 Mar 15:00:14 PST 2005      Message Number 392

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-70].

The Internet and local communications to two stations in Saudi Arabia
(HALY and NAMA) have been restored at this time. We are pleased to
resume data publishing of daily files starting February 18th (2005.049)
for HALY and February 15th (2005.046) for NAMA. Unfortunately, there
were data gaps going back to August 2nd, 2004 (2004.215) and July 14th,
2004 (2004.196) for HALY and NAMA, respectively.

We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the work of
personnel from the King Abdullah City for Science and Technology (KACST)
and MIT in restoring operations at these sites.

We also apologize for the inconvenience this extended outage may have
caused.

Maintenance and operations of the stations is a collaborative effort
supported by JPL, MIT, UNAVCO, and King Abdullah City for Science and
Technology (KACST) with funding provided by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.

Best regards,

     -Oivind Ruud