[IGSSTATION-226]: MAW1 Data outage due to equipment failure

Bob.Twilley at ga.gov.au Bob.Twilley at ga.gov.au
Wed Nov 3 14:26:00 PST 2004

IGS Station Mail          03 Nov 15:21:44 PST 2004      Message Number 226

Author: Bob Twilley

                  Geoscience Australia
            Australian Regional GPS Network
                  Geodetic Operation
GPS TRACKER id:   MAW1
DOMES No.         66004M001
CDP No.           N/A
MONUMENT NO.      AUS064
LOCATION.         Mawson
                  Australian Antarctic Territory
                  ANTARCTICA
ADVISORY:

GPS station MAW1 is experiencing communication problems due to onsite
equipment failure. There is no data available from this site since doy 305.
Due to the location of this station it is difficult to determine what the
main problem is, we will continue to try and fix the problem with onsite
backup equipment however I am not that confident at this stage.

We have plans for an upgrade at this station when we have personnel onsite
during early December, however I hope that the station is not out of action
for that length of time.
Advisory notice will be sent when data is again available.

I apologise for this disruption to this service.

Regards

Bob
Bob Twilley
GPS Networks Manager