[IGSMAIL-7749] End of ftp access to JPL sideshow server

Ries, Paul A (335A) Paul.A.Ries at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 21 14:16:48 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

On 2019-06-30, ftp access will be disabled to the sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov server.  This server is used to provide orbits and clocks to both our users of GIPSY-OASIS and GipsyX and to the broader IGS community.

We are using the https protocol to replace ftp.  All public ftp URLs now have an equivalent https URL.  Previously, users could retrieve JPL final products from:
ftp://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/jpligsac

Now they should do so from:
https://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/jpligsac/

Users wishing to retrieve, for this example, a whole day of JPL final Igs products from day 1 of week 2035 (2019-01-07) would use the following command:
wget -r -l1 -nd https://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/jpligsac/2035/ -A 'jpl20351.*.gz'

Our IGS rapid orbit and clocks for the same could be retrieved with:
wget -r -l1 -nd https://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/JPL_GNSS_Products/Rapid/2019/ -A 'jpl20351.*.gz'

Regards,

Paul Ries
On behalf of the JPL IGS analysis center