[IGSMAIL-7655] Session on Reference Frames at AGU 2018, Washington DC

Zuheir Altamimi Zuheir.Altamimi at ign.fr
Wed Jul 25 04:47:47 PDT 2018

Author: Zuheir Altamimi

Dear Colleagues,

As part of the 2018 Fall Meeting of the AGU that will be held in
Washington DC
10-14 December 2018, we would like to draw your attention to the session on:

G019: Reference Frames: Determination, Usage and Application

The description of the session is given below.

We encourage you to participate in and submit an abstract to our session.

For more information about the 2018 Fall Meeting, please consult:

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/

Please note that abstracts must be submitted to AGU by August 1, 2018.

Best regards,
Zuheir Altamimi (IGN France)
Jake Griffiths (US Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC, USA)
Frank Lemoine (NASA Goddard SFC, Greenbelt, MD, USA)

G019: Reference Frames: Determination, Usage and Application:

The quantification of many geophysical phenomena, e.g. sea level
variation, co- and post-seismic
deformation, glacial isostatic adjustment, loading effects, but also
precise orbit determination
of artificial satellites, rely on the availability of a global
terrestrial reference frame, such as the ITRF.
The session solicits contributions from scientists determining or using
global reference frames for
their applications, focusing on error budgets and other limiting
factors. Contributions from analysts
of space geodetic techniques (VLBI, SLR, GNSS, DORIS) and their
combination in preparation for
the next ITRF release are welcome. Papers on the exploitation of
ITRF2014 are also encouraged.