[IGSMAIL-6294] Upgrades of AUCK, WGTN, MQZG, DUND, CHTI to Trimble NetR9 receiver

John Beavan J.Beavan at gns.cri.nz
Thu Nov 4 16:11:17 PDT 2010

Author: John Beavan

Over the next few weeks to months we are planning to upgrade five New
Zealand-based IGS stations to GNSS-capable Trimble NetR9 receivers with
Zephyr Geodetic II antennas (TRM55971.00).

These stations are currently runnning NetRS receivers and Zephyr Geodetic
I antennas (except CHTI which already has a Geodetic II antenna).

To provide some calibration of time series offsets at the equipment change
we intend to run a Trimble 5700 with Zephyr Geodetic I antenna at a nearby
(< 1 km) site for 3 days before and after each exchange.  We may not do
this at CHTI since the installed antenna is already the new model.

We believe these may be the first NetR9 receivers in the IGS network, so
if anyone has any concerns about the planned upgrades please let me know.

Best regards,
John
Dr John Beavan, GNS Science - Te Pu Ao,
1 Fairway Drive, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Tel: +64 4 570 4641  Fax: +64 4 570 1440  Mob: 027 221 8861
Email: j.beavan at gns.cri.nz    Web: www.gns.cri.nz