[IGSMAIL-5907]: two GPS data-analysis positions at USNO

Christine Hackman hackman.christine at usno.navy.mil
Thu Feb 26 12:16:01 PST 2009

IGS Electronic Mail      26 Feb 13:01:37 PST 2009      Message Number 5907

Author: Christine Hackman

Dear IGS Colleagues,

USNO is recruiting two GPS geodesists/data analysts, one permanently and
one for two years (possibly to be extended). Each needs to know how to
analyze GPS data, preferably with a large-scale program such as Bernese,
GIPSY, GAMIT, etc., though experience with a smaller homegrown program
might work as well.

The positions will be in the GPS Analysis Division of USNO's Earth
Orientation Department (Washington, DC). Applicants must be US citizens
and willing to undergo background investigations.

To learn about/apply for these position, follow the instructions below.
Interested parties are welcome to contact me directly with questions,
etc., at hackman.christine at usno.navy.mil; 202-762-1428; there's no
obligation to follow up with an application. NB: I cannot accept
applications directly; you must apply through the website.

Applications close 23 March 2009.

Sincerely,
Christine Hackman
Chief, GPS Analysis Division
Earth Orientation Department
US Naval Observatory

HOW TO APPLY:

1.  Go to https://chart.donhr.navy.mil
2.  Click on "Search for Jobs".
3.  Either search for ASTRONOMER, WASHINGTON DC, and then look for the
job numbers NW9-1330-13-K1223587-DE  (permanent),
NW9-1330-13-K1244014-DE (2-yr term), or search using these job numbers.
4.  Apply accordingly.

--
Dr. Christine Hackman
Chief, GPS Analysis Division